A man fatally overdosed in the Luckys parking lot off Crow Canyon Road on Friday afternoon. The victim, who was in his early 20s, was dead when San Ramon Valley Fire crews arrived on scene.
Police first received a call at 12:14 p.m. and at least one person was alerted to the incident by the Fire District's iPhone app, which notifies those nearby of someone in need of CPR or an automated external defribulator.
"The citizen that reported the incident stated that there was someone in the car that appeared to having a medical emergency," said San Ramon Police Lt. Dan Pratt. "The citizen said there was a syringe next to the person; dispatch gave the citizen instructions on performing CPR."
While the man appears to have died of an overdose, the drug has not been determined. The case is currently under investigation and police are not releasing information on the victim until his family has been notified.