Uploaded: Monday, May 2, 2011, 1:46 PM
This week's police log
|The Danville Police Department provides Danville Express with a record of its calls each week. This is a sampling, omitting the more mundane, such as routine traffic stops, service requests, noise complaints and domestic disturbances.
The following information is provided by the Danville Police Department:
Sunday, April 24
* Residential burglary on Woodvalley Dr. at 11:30 a.m.
* Reckless driving on Crow Canyon Road and Tassajara Ranch Dr. at 2:01 p.m.
* Vandalism on Railroad Ave. at 3:58 p.m.
* Auto burglary on Tweed Dr. at 6:35 p.m.
* Battery on Dover Lane at 7:08 p.m.
* Residential burglary on Oneida Circle at 10:16 p.m.
Monday, April 25
* Reckless driving on Camino Tassajara and Sycamore Valley Road at 9:40 a.m.
* Petty theft on 3100 block of Stone Valley Road at 2:27 p.m.
* Suspicious circumstances on Greenbrook Dr. at 2:57 p.m.
* Credit card fraud on Sycamore Valley Road West at 3:55 p.m.
* Reckless driving on Railroad Ave. at 5:54 p.m.
* Reckless driving on Greenbrook Dr. and St. Christopher Dr. at 6:12 p.m.
Tuesday, April 26
* Suspicious circumstances on River Rock Lane at 3:45 a.m.
* Petty theft on El Capitan Dr. at 5:45 a.m. and 7:02 a.m.
* Petty theft on 100 block of Hartz Ave. at 9:08 a.m.
* Fraud on Sycamore Valley Road West at 2:37 p.m.
* Accident, major injuries, on El Capitan Dr. at 4:57 p.m.
* Suspicious circumstances on Holbrook Dr. at 7:29 p.m.
Wednesday, April 27
* Petty theft on Danville Blvd. at 7:04 a.m.
* Vandalism on Sheri Lane at 8:58 a.m.
* Misdemeanor hit-and-run on 600 block of Hartz Ave. at 2:49 p.m.
* Accident, major injuries, on Danville Blvd. at 3:17 p.m.
* Welfare check, arrest, on Sycamore Valley Road West at 4:37 p.m.
* Harass disturbance on La Gonda Way at 10:51 p.m.
Thursday, April 28
* Suspicious circumstances on Alamatos Dr. at 8:45 a.m.
* Credit card fraud on Sycamore Valley Road West at 10:31 a.m.
* Fraud on Gerbera St. at 1:05 p.m.
* Residential burglary on Amigo Road at 4:34 p.m.
Friday, April 29
* Accident, property damage, on Railroad Ave. at 10:48 a.m.
* Accident, property damage, on Diablo Road and Rose Ave. at 1 p.m.
* Vehicle traffic stop, arrest, on Diablo Road and Via Hermosa at 6:29 p.m.
* Reckless driving on Camino Tassajara and Diablo Road at 6:30 p.m.
* Petty theft on Fostoria Way at 8:14 p.m.
* Throwing objects at vehicles on Crow Canyon Road and El Capitan Dr. at 10:26 p.m.
Saturday, April 30
* Outside assist, arrest, on Diablo Road at 12:22 a.m.
* Suspicious subject stop, arrest, on Camino Ramon at 10:58 a.m.
* Unwanted guest disturbance, arrest, on Rancho Verde Circle West at 12:23 p.m.
* Petty theft, shoplift, on Sycamore Valley Road West at 2:02 p.m.
* Accident with fire and ambulance en route on Camino Tassajara and Molitas Road at 2:45 p.m.
* Vandalism on Danville Blvd. at 5:57 p.m.
* Promiscuous shooting on Bridgeside Circle at 9:53 p.m.
Are you receiving Express, our free daily e-mail edition? See a sample and sign-up for Express.
Posted by Vicki, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on May 3, 2011 at 9:07 am
I have asked this question before, what exactly is promiscuous shooting? Anyone???
Posted by Diane, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on May 3, 2011 at 4:05 pm
Vicki, I believe promiscuous shooting is when someone calls the police to report hearing gunshots and the police investigate.
Posted by jrm, a member of the Vista Grande Elementary School community, on May 3, 2011 at 8:01 pm
jrm is a member (registered user) of Danville Express
Didn't Snoop Dogg make a song about this?
Posted by Police Chief Steve Simpkins, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on May 4, 2011 at 4:15 pm
Police Chief Steve Simpkins is a member (registered user) of Danville Express
Thatís a question we see often, and itís one of those areas of Ďpolice jargoní that have been around for a long time.
Yes, as Diane said, a promiscuous shooting is when the police receive a call from a resident regarding what they believe to be gunshots. An officer is dispatched to check out the report. If nothing is found it is listed in our daily report as a promiscuous shooting.
Hope this helps.
Steve Simpkins, Chief of Police
Danville Police Department
Posted by Tom , a member of the John Baldwin Elementary School community, on May 8, 2011 at 1:23 pm
I would like to thank the Danville Police Department for their recent pursuit on Paraiso and Everett Drive. Our police department did an OUTSTANDING job. It all worked that day with everyones' eyes and ears working with the police department.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE .. IF YOU SEE ANYTHING UNUSUAL CALL THE POLICE IMMEDIATELY. LOCK YOUR DOORS AND WINDOWS ALONG WITH YOUR CARS.
This resulted in one arrest, however we continue to have too much wrong activity on our streets. We continue to have one house on Paraiso Drive that attracts the wrong kids into our neighborhood. These kids have been in the system that live at this house (one for stealing a car and the other for stealing money from their employer). We see drugs and money exchanged on a daily basis.
We look forward to working with the police department to remove this problem from our community.
A VERY CONCERNED NEIGHBOR