Uploaded: Monday, July 18, 2011, 3:45 PM
This week's police log
|The Danville Police Department provides Danville Express with a record of its calls each week. This is a sampling, omitting the more mundane, such as routine traffic stops, service requests, noise complaints and domestic disturbances.
The following information is provided by the Danville Police Department:
Sunday, July 10
* Suspicious subject on 100 block of Hartz Ave. at 12:19 a.m.
* Vehicle traffic stop, arrest, on 100 block of Hartz Ave. at 2:28 a.m.
* Petty theft on Danville Blvd. at 12:59 p.m.
* Loiter disturbance on Shadowhawk Circle and Swan Court at 6:34 p.m.
* Vehicle traffic stop, arrest, at the Clock Tower parking lot at 11:45 p.m.
Monday, July 11
* Drugs violation on Maison Dr. and Old Blackhawk Road at 10:55 a.m.
* Forgery of fraudulent documents on Westfield Circle at 3:49 p.m.
* Accident, major injuries, on 300 block of Hartz Ave. at 4:55 p.m.
* Suspicious circumstances on San Ramon Valley Blvd. at 7:49 p.m.
* Suspicious vehicle stop, arrest, on Camino Tassajara and Sherburne Hills at 10:26 p.m.
* Party disturbance on Swan Court at 11:32 p.m.
Tuesday, July 12
* Promiscuous shooting on El Dorado Ave. and Sonora Ave. at 12:23 a.m.
* Investigation, arrest, on Crow Canyon Road at 2:24 a.m.
* Residential burglary on Diablo Road at 6:53 a.m.
* Vandalism on Freitas Road at 9:12 a.m.
* Vandalism on Gatetree Dr. at 9:56 a.m.
* Petty theft on Railroad Ave. at 11:41 a.m.
* Auto burglary on Merano St. at 3:31 p.m.
* Suspicious circumstances on Crow Canyon Road at 4:04 p.m.
* Accident, property damage, on Hartz Ave. and E. Linda Mesa Ave. at 5:51 p.m.
* Auto burglary on Tunbridge Road at 6:03 p.m.
* Warrant arrest on Sycamore Circle at 10:06 p.m.
Wednesday, July 13
* Auto burglary on Zenith Ridge Dr. at 7:45 a.m.
* Battery on Woodvalley Dr. at 8:54 a.m.
* Felony embezzlement on La Gonda Way at 10:53 a.m.
* Auto burglary on Greenbrook Dr. at 11:28 a.m.
* Suspicious circumstances on Fostoria Way at 12:52 p.m.
* Warrant arrest on Oak Park Blvd. at 12:54 p.m.
* Auto burglary on Tunbridge Road at 3:47 p.m.
* Drunk in public on Hartz Ave. and Railroad Ave. at 6:22 p.m.
* Suspicious subject, arrest, on 500 block of Hartz Ave. at 7:04 p.m.
Thursday, July 14
* Commercial burglary on Holbrook Dr. at 7:44 a.m.
* Petty theft on McCauley Road at 10:24 a.m.
* Misdemeanor hit-and-run on School St. at 11:06 a.m.
* Misdemeanor hit-and-run on San Ramon Valley Blvd. at 12:48 p.m.
* Vandalism on El Pintado Road at 3:33 p.m.
* Petty theft on Chadbourne Dr. at 3:56 p.m.
* Auto burglary on Tunbridge Road at 3:57 p.m.
* Vandalism on Railroad Ave. and San Ramon Valley Blvd. at 6:09 p.m.
* Residential burglary on Vista Dr. at 8:26 p.m.
* Petty theft from vehicle on Brookside Dr. at 8:47 p.m.
* Reckless driving on Diablo Road and southbound I-680 on ramp at 9:05 p.m.
Friday, July 15
* Misdemeanor driving under the influence (DUI), arrest, on Verona Court at 2:20 a.m.
* Auto burglary on Crestridge Dr. at 8:22 a.m.
* Misdemeanor hit-and-run on Linda Mesa Ave. at 9:57 a.m.
* Reckless driving on Greenbrook Dr. and Paraiso Dr. at 1:07 p.m.
* Auto burglary on Lowell Dr. at 1:34 p.m.
* Grand theft on Camino Tassajara and Crow Canyon Road at 8:51 p.m.
* Petty theft, shoplift, arrest, on 3400 block of Camino Tassajara at 9:45 p.m.
Saturday, July 16
* Vehicle traffic stop, arrest, on Camino Tassajara at 12:11 a.m.
* Accident, major injuries, arrest, on Liverpool St. at 3:43 a.m.
* Suspicious circumstances on Auburn Court and Woodranch Circle at 10:34 a.m.
* Battery on Crow Canyon Road at 11:24 a.m.
* Petty theft from vehicle on Sunglen Way at 1:47 p.m.
* Reckless driving, arrest, on La Gonda Way at 4:49 p.m.
* DUI, arrest, on Diablo Road and southbound I-680 on ramp at 6:37 p.m.
* Auto burglary on Messian Place at 7:54 p.m.
* Promiscuous shooting on Linda Mesa Ave. and Verona Ave. at 10:14 p.m.
* Shooting/shots fired on Crow Canyon Road at 10:49 p.m.
Are you receiving Express, our free daily e-mail edition? See a sample and sign-up for Express.
Posted by Susan, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on Jul 19, 2011 at 10:34 am
Seems to be a lot of auto break-ins going on... remember - leave nothing in sight to tempt a 'bad guy' to want from your vehicle.
xoxo - Susan
Posted by Joe, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on Jul 20, 2011 at 1:05 am
when I moved to Danville 8 yrs ago, I think I remember the Police Log reporting a lot fewer violations. Is it my imagination or are there more "bad" people?
Posted by Jessica Lipsky, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on Jul 20, 2011 at 10:42 am
I think criminals outside Danville (not to say that burglars are exclusively from outside of town) are getting wise to the fact that many residents aren't as careful as they should be. Susan brings up a good point - do not leave anything valuable inside your car where a criminal might see it.
Also, make sure to lock your car doors. There have been several incidents where criminals have walked through neighborhoods checking door handles for unlocked cars.
Posted by guynextdoor, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on Jul 25, 2011 at 9:50 am
Would someone please explain why hit-and-run is only a misdemeaner?
Posted by i googled it, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on Jul 26, 2011 at 1:18 am
hit and run info. i googled it and have not verified info against state law but heres what these guys say