Uploaded: Monday, August 1, 2011, 3:14 PM
This week's police log
|The Danville Police Department provides Danville Express with a record of its calls each week. This is a sampling, omitting the more mundane, such as routine traffic stops, service requests, noise complaints and domestic disturbances.
The following information is provided by the Danville Police Department:
Sunday, July 24
* Suspicious circumstances on Hartley Dr. at 12:26 a.m.
* Party disturbance on El Dorado Ave. at 1:38 a.m. and 2:28 a.m.
* Misdemeanor driving under the influence (DUI) on Camino Ramon at 7:07 a.m.
* Suspicious circumstances on Camino Ramon at 4:57 p.m.
* Drugs violation on San Ramon Valley Blvd. at 5:12 p.m.
Monday, July 25
* Reckless driving on Crow Canyon Road and El Capitan Dr. at 2:15 a.m.
* Accident, property damage, on Brookside Dr. and Sycamore Valley Road at 3:17 p.m.
* Reckless driving on 3400 block of Camino Tassajara at 8:30 p.m.
* Music disturbance on Estates Dr. and Quinterra Lane at 8:56 p.m.
* Party disturbance on Hartford Road at 10:15 p.m.
* Suspicious circumstances on Fostoria Circle at 10:23 p.m.
Tuesday, July 26
* Vehicle traffic stop, arrest, on Brookside Dr. and El Capitan Dr. at 12:38 a.m.
* Auto burglary on Liberta Court at 10:24 a.m.
* Vandalism on Town and Country Dr. at 11:34 a.m.
* Grand theft on Blemer Road at 12:13 p.m.
* Public nuisance on Camino Tassajara and Old Orchard Dr. at 4:15 p.m.
* Noise disturbance on 3400 block of Camino Tassajara at 11:33 p.m.
Wednesday, July 27
* Accident, property damage, on southbound I-680 and Sycamore Valley Road at 7:38 a.m.
* Vandalism on Zagora Dr. at 12:06 p.m.
* Suspicious vehicle stop, arrest, on Camino Tassajara and Tassajara Ranch Dr. at 2:54 p.m.
* Accident, property damage, on Alameda Diablo and Diablo Road at 4:05 p.m.
* Noise disturbance on Estates Dr. and San Ramon Valley Blvd. at 8:41 p.m.
Thursday, July 28
* Welfare check, arrest, on Lawnview Circle at 1:08 a.m.
* Reckless driving on Blackhawk Road and Camino Tassajara at 5:27 a.m.
* Accident with fire and ambulance en route on Alameda Diablo and Diablo Road at 9:28 a.m.
* Accident with fire and ambulance en route on Alamatos Dr. and Diablo Road at 11:07 a.m.
* Auto burglary on 3100 block of Stone Valley Road at 12:54 p.m.
* Warrant arrest on San Ramon Valley Blvd. at 12:57 p.m.
* Possession of counterfeit bill on 300 block of Hartz Ave. at 1:24 p.m.
* Possession of counterfeit bill on 400 block of Hartz Ave. at 3:04 p.m.
* Accident, property damage, on El Capitan Dr. and Iron Horse Trail at 5:57 p.m.
* Vandalism on Old Orchard Court at 7:54 p.m.
* Petty theft, shoplift, on Diablo Road at 9:04 p.m.
Friday, July 29
* Petty theft from vehicle on Camino Ramon at 5:47 a.m.
* Possession of counterfeit bill on 300 block of Hartz Ave. at 10:34 a.m.
* Possession of counterfeit bill on W. Prospect Ave. at 10:39 a.m.
* Warrant arrest on Carlyle Court at 12:02 p.m.
* Suspicious subject, arrest, on Diablo Road and El Cajon Dr. at 1:38 p.m.
* Petty theft, bicycle, on Del Amigo Road at 3:23 p.m.
* Accident with fire and ambulance en route on Camino Ramon and Fostoria Way at 5:14 p.m.
* Misdemeanor hit-and-run on Glasgow Circle at 9:29 p.m.
* Reckless driving on Crow Canyon Road at 9:47 p.m.
Saturday, July 30
* Welfare check, arrest, on Crow Canyon Road at 6:11 a.m.
* Vandalism on La Gonda Way at 7:52 a.m.
* Vehicle traffic stop, arrest, on Camino Ramon and Sycamore Valley Road at 9:02 a.m.
* Vehicle traffic stop, arrest, on Camino Tassajara and Conejo Dr. at 9:55 a.m.
* Hailed by citizen, arrest, at Village Wines at 3 p.m.
* Misdemeanor hit-and-run on 100 block of Hartz Ave. at 3:57 p.m.
* Drunk in public, arrest, on Crow Canyon Road at 3:58 p.m.
* Misdemeanor hit-and-run on 100 block of Hartz Ave. at 4:40 p.m.
* Battery on Sycamore Valley Road West at 5:40 p.m.
* Petty theft on Cathy Lane at 5:56 p.m.
* Petty theft on Camino Ramon at 9:17 p.m.
Are you receiving Express, our free daily e-mail edition? See a sample and sign-up for Express.
Posted by Beth, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on Aug 2, 2011 at 9:56 am
Just wondering what a typical welfare check and arrest is all about. It seems Danville has one (or more) in every report.
Posted by Jessica Lipsky, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on Aug 2, 2011 at 11:52 am
While I'm currently waiting for a return call from the Danville PD, an arrest on a welfare check could mean a person was cited and released for an offense, and wasn't officially booked in jail.
Posted by Sarah, a resident of the Alamo neighborhood, on Aug 5, 2011 at 7:43 am
I don't see how domestic disturbances are "mundane" as listed on top. I think it would be good to list them to show that domestic violence is an issue that crosses all socio-economic groups.
Posted by guynextdoor, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on Aug 5, 2011 at 10:00 am
Just wondering, how can "misdemeanor hit-and-run" be a misdemeanor? It seems pretty serious. Does this mean a citation was issued or just that the P.D. assisted at the scene and filed a report? Thanks.
Posted by Jessica Lipsky, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on Aug 5, 2011 at 11:32 am
I spoke with Lt. Moule and he clarified what a welfare check means. Often a resident requests that the police check on a neighbor they're concerned about (who they might not have seen for a while or who has newspapers piling in their driveway). A welfare check with an arrest might have come from a similar call where a resident phoned police about a person who was acting suspiciously and, upon contact by the police, was arrested for another offense.
Sarah - domestic disturbances aren't always batteries or violence. It's often a loud argument and doesn't make for much news. I also hesitate to publish a story on any particular incident unless it was part of a trend.