Uploaded: Monday, August 22, 2011, 12:05 PM
This week's police log
|The Danville Police Department provides Danville Express with a record of its calls each week. This is a sampling, omitting the more mundane, such as routine traffic stops, service requests, noise complaints and domestic disturbances.
The following information is provided by the Danville Police Department:
Sunday, Aug. 14
* Vehicle traffic stop, arrest, on southbound I-680 on ramp and Sycamore Valley Road at 12:55 a.m.
* Auto burglary on St. Christopher Dr. at 9:46 a.m.
* Court order violation on Abigail Circle at 1:27 p.m.
* Harass disturbance on Camino Tassajara and Sherburne Hills at 9:59 p.m.
Monday, Aug. 15
* Promiscuous shooting on Del Amigo Road at 2:17 a.m.
* Burglary on Holbrook Dr. at 7:40 a.m.
* Commercial burglary on 3400 block of Camino Tassajara at 12:10 p.m.
* Reckless driving on Harlan Dr. at 4:05 p.m.
* Vehicle traffic stop, arrest, on Greenbrook Dr. and San Ramon Valley Blvd. at 5:54 p.m.
* Suspicious circumstances on Joaquin Dr. at 9:02 p.m.
Tuesday, Aug. 16
* Promiscuous shooting on Jewel Terrace and San Ramon Valley Blvd. at 12:58 a.m.
* Suspicious circumstances on 4100 block of Camino Tassajara at 5:17 a.m.
* Vandalism on Camino Amigo at 9:56 a.m.
* Petty theft from vehicle on Shelterwood Place at 10:19 a.m.
* Suspicious circumstances on Smokewood Court at 2:17 p.m.
* Suspicious circumstances on Diablo Road at 2:36 p.m.
* Petty theft from vehicle on La Gonda Way at 4:31 p.m.
* Minor in possession of alcohol on Quinterra Lane at 4:33 p.m.
* Accident with fire and ambulance en route on El Capitan Dr. at 8:01 p.m.
* Suspicious vehicle stop, arrest, on Camino Tassajara and Lawrence Road at 8:21 p.m.
Wednesday, Aug. 17
* Identity theft on Tuscany Court at 12:51 a.m.
* Burglary on Clipper Hill Road at 1:58 p.m.
* Residential burglary on Windward Road at 2:06 p.m.
* Accident, major injuries, on Linda Mesa Ave. and Verona Ave. at 2:21 p.m.
* Misdemeanor hit-and-run on Crow Canyon Road and Tassajara Ranch Road at 2:24 p.m.
* Welfare check, arrest, on Railroad Ave. at 2:34 p.m.
* Suspicious circumstances on Sycamore Valley Road West at 4:42 p.m.
* Battery on Diablo Road at 8:44 p.m.
Thursday, Aug. 18
* Forgery of fraudulent documents on Fostoria Way at 11:21 a.m.
* Identity theft on Glen Eagle Court at 11:41 a.m.
* Forgery of fraudulent documents on Railroad Ave. at 11:42 a.m.
* Accident, minor injuries, on Danville Blvd. and El Portal at 12:14 p.m.
* Suspicious vehicle stop, arrest, on El Cerro Blvd. and Garden Creek Place at 7:36 p.m.
* Subject stop, arrest, on 100 block of Hartz Ave. at 9:14 p.m.
* Fight disturbance, arrest, on 300 block of Hartz Ave. at 9:39 p.m.
* Fight disturbance on 300 block of Hartz Ave. at 10:07 p.m.
* Investigation, arrest, on 300 block of Hartz Ave. at 10:54 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 19
* Petty theft on 300 block of Hartz Ave. at 12:31 a.m.
* Suspicious circumstances, arrest, on Robyn Dr. at 8:59 a.m.
* Misdemeanor hit-and-run on Creekledge Court at 9:49 a.m.
* Accident, property damage, on Buckingham Dr. and Camino Tassajara at 10:26 a.m.
* Misdemeanor hit-and-run on Creekledge Court at 12:19 p.m.
* Burglary on 3100 block of Stone Valley Road at 2:48 p.m.
* Vehicle traffic stop, arrest, on Diablo Road and southbound I-680 on ramp at 8:04 p.m.
* Outside assist, arrest, on Blackhawk Road and Maplewood Dr. at 9:50 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 20
* Vehicle traffic stop, arrest, on Brookside Dr. at 3:24 a.m.
* Vehicle traffic stop, arrest, on Avenida Nueva and Diablo Road at 7:57 a.m.
* Petty theft on Glen Road at 10:34 a.m.
* Residential burglary on Zephyr Circle at 11:48 a.m.
* Misdemeanor hit-and-run on Brookside Dr. and Sycamore Valley Road at 1:07 p.m.
* Accident, property damage, on Greenbrook Dr. and Sycamore Valley Road at 2:48 p.m.
* Accident, property damage, on Brookside Dr. and Sycamore Valley Road at 3:40 p.m.
* Vandalism on Holbrook Dr. at 6:20 p.m.
* Vehicle traffic stop, arrest on Diablo Road and southbound I-680 on ramp at 10:48 p.m.
Are you receiving Express, our free daily e-mail edition? See a sample and sign-up for Express.
Posted by Mom, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on Aug 24, 2011 at 9:21 pm
Every week I see it seems I see an arrest for welfare check. What does that entail?
Posted by Jessica Lipsky, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on Aug 25, 2011 at 11:36 am
The term "welfare check" seems to be perplexing to several people. I was asked the same question a few weeks ago and here is what I found out from Danville Police Lt. Jeff Moule:
Often a resident requests that the police check on a neighbor they're concerned about (who they might not have seen for a while or who has newspapers piling in their driveway). A welfare check with an arrest might have come from a similar call where a resident phoned police about a person who was acting suspiciously and, upon contact by the police, was arrested for another offense.