Uploaded: Monday, April 16, 2012, 11:27 AM
This week's police log
|The Danville Police Department provides Danville Express with a record of its calls each week. This is a sampling, omitting the more mundane, such as routine traffic stops, service requests, noise complaints and domestic disturbances.
Sunday, April 8
* Battery, arrest at 3:17 a.m. on 100 block of Sky Terrace
* Arrest at 10:39 a.m. Street information not disclosed
* Auto burglary at 11:32 a.m. on 500 block of Garden Creek Place
* Petty theft/shoplifting, arrest at 8:23 p.m. on 100 block of Hartz Avenue
Monday, April 9
* Vehicle traffic stop, arrest at 7:55 a.m. on San Ramon Valley Blvd. at Sycamore Valley Road
* Battery at 8:34 a.m. on 600 block of St. George Drive
* Identity theft at 1:17 p.m. on 2200 block of Oneida Circle
* Credit card fraud at 1:29 p.m. on 2100 block of Myrtle Beach Lane
* Vehicle traffic stop, arrest at 2:39 p.m. on Danville Blvd. at Sycamore Valley Road
Tuesday, April 10
* Vehicle traffic stop, arrest at 3:12 a.m. on Jewel Terrace at San Ramon Valley Blvd.
* Vehicle traffic stop, arrest at 3:37 p.m. on Alamatos Drive at Diablo Road
* Auto burglary at 8:30 a.m. on 1300 block of Strawberry Court
* Vehicle accident with major injuries, arrest at 4:38 p.m. on Camino Tassajara at Crow Canyon Road
* Auto burglary at 7:28 p.m. on Hartz Way at River Rock Lane
Wednesday, April 11
* Auto burglary at 6:40 a.m. on 300 block of La Questa Drive
* Petty theft from vehicle at 6:48 a.m. on 800 block of Lancelot Court
* Auto burglary at 8:19 a.m. on 100 block of Amigo Road
* Auto burglary at 9:25 a.m. on 100 block of Amigo Road
* Auto burglary at 9:35 p.m. on 200 block of Amigo Road
* Auto burglary at 3:07 p.m. on 200 block of Edinburgh Circle
* Auto burglary at 3:11 p.m. on 200 block of Alamatos Drive
Thursday, April 12
* Identity theft at 10:57 p.m. on 700 block of Contada Circle
* Vehicle traffic stop, arrest at 12:42 p.m. on San Ramon Valley Blvd. at Westfield Circle
* Outside assist, arrest at 12:42 p.m. on San Ramon Valley Blvd. at Westfield Circle
* Battery at 5:29 p.m. on Mission Place at Mission Drive
* Suspicious subject stop, arrest at 10:17 p.m. on 1000 block of Phoenix Street
Friday, April 13
* Vandalism at 10:30 a.m. on 700 block of Merrimac Place
* Vehicle traffic stop, arrest at 11:27 a.m. on Danville Blvd. at El Cerro Blvd.
* Forgery of fraudulent documents at 12:22 p.m. on 300 block of Railroad Avenue
* Petty theft/shoplifting at 8:59 p.m. on 300 block of Railroad Avenue
Saturday, April 14
* Vehicle traffic stop, arrest at 8:32 a.m. on El Portel at La Gonda way
* Petty theft at 9:53 a.m. on 200 block of Jewel Terrace
* Vandalism at 11:36 a.m. on 600 block of Doral Drive
* Petty theft at 4:17 p.m. on 1000 block of La Gonda Way
* Petty theft at 11:27 p.m. on 100 block of Rubicon Circle
Are you receiving Express, our free daily e-mail edition? See a sample and sign-up for Express.
Posted by Dot, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on Apr 17, 2012 at 8:34 am
I'm wondering why you are reporting all the car burglaries but ignoring the string of home burglaries I have heard of.
Posted by Louise, , a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on Apr 17, 2012 at 10:19 am
Crime is up cause of the economy and auto thefts and home burglaries will go up during this time. Also, criminals know that we live in an affluent area so there is more "stuff" to get. Some come here to shop cause its safer then San Leandro, Hayward, etc. and not all are shopping with money. Lock your car doors and don't leave "stuff" in them that can be seen. I was in parking lot near Costco and saw a guy looking inside of car windows as he casually walked along. He was on foot and walked toward Camino Ramon.
Posted by Jessica Lipsky, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on Apr 17, 2012 at 10:20 am
Many of the residential burglaries listed end up being people missing jewelry or electronics and blaming family or housekeepers. As is such, I post them on the log but have refrained from digging deeper into many of the burglaries. That being said, anyone who is a victim of a home burglary and would like to be part of an investigative piece is welcome to email me at email@example.com.
Auto burglaries, on the other hand, are possibly the most common criminal activity in the area. I post all auto burglaries with the hope that residents will not leave valuables in plain sight in their vehicles and lock their doors. The Danville Police Department encourages residents to do the same.
Posted by Wondering, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on May 3, 2012 at 2:08 pm
Couldn't get police log today. Is it my fault or yours?