Uploaded: Tuesday, August 7, 2012, 11:57 AM
This week's police log
|The Danville Police Department provides Danville Express with a record of its calls each week. This is a sampling, omitting the more mundane, such as routine traffic stops, service requests, noise complaints and domestic disturbances.
Sunday, July 29
* Vehicle traffic stop, arrest at 2:48 a.m. on Crow Canyon Road at I-680 South
* Burglary at 8:23 a.m. on 300 block of Hartz Avenue
* Grand theft at 11:19 a.m. on 100 block of Summerfield Street
* Auto burglary at 1:06 p.m. on 600 block of Glen Road
* Petty theft at 3:48 p.m. on Camino Tassajara at Crow Canyon Road
* Auto burglary at 6:09 p.m. on 200 block of Royal Palm Place
* Residential burglary at 8:52 p.m. on 300 block of Victorian Lane
Monday, July 30
* Vandalism at 9:56 a.m. on 3000 block of Stone Valley Road
* Petty theft from vehicle at 11:20 a.m. on 400 block of Antelope Ridge Way
* Petty theft at 3:54 p.m. on Diablo Road at Front Street
* Residential burglary at 6:14 p.m. on 100 block of Tweed Lane
Tuesday, July 31
* Forgery of fraudulent documents at 11:51 p.m. on 100 block of Benjamin Lane
* Identity theft at 1:01 p.m. on 100 block of Rainbow Circle
* Misdemeanor driving under the influence at 5:56 p.m. on Boone Court at San Ramon Valley Boulevard
* Petty theft/shoplifting at 11:13 p.m. on 100 block of Hartz Avenue
Wednesday, August 1
* Warrant service, arrest at 8:17 a.m. on 200 block of Franciscan Drive
* Disturbance/threats at 8:47 a.m. on West Prospect Avenue at Railroad Avenue
* Petty theft at 3:40 p.m. on 100 block of Town and Country Drive
* Malicious telephone calls at 5:04 p.m. on 100 block of Saint Ramon Court
* Battery at 7:21 p.m. on Camino Tassajara at Crow Canyon Road
Thursday, August 2
* Petty theft at 7:02 a.m. on 300 block of Bolero Drive
* Vandalism at 11:32 a.m. on 1300 block of Van Patten Drive
* Stolen vehicle at 1:35 p.m. on 900 block of San Ramon Valley Boulevard
* Auto burglary at 1:59 p.m. on Danville Boulevard at El Cerro Boulevard
* Auto burglary at 2:28 p.m. on 700 block of Camino Ramon
* Trespassing, arrest at 3:18 p.m. on 700 block of Silver Lake Drive
* Auto burglary at 4:13 p.m. at Park and Ride
* Suspicious vehicle stop, arrest at 4:18 p.m. on Montego Drive at Montego Place
* Vehicle traffic stop, arrest at 10:33 p.m. on Diablo Road at I-680 South off-ramp
* Grand theft at 11:37 p.m. on 100 block of Rassani Drive
Friday, August 3
* Vehicle carjacking, arrest at 2:13 a.m. Street information not disclosed.
* Petty theft at 10:04 a.m. on 100 block of San Thomas Way
* Suspicious circumstance, arrest at 1:02 p.m. on 300 block of Railroad Avenue
* Petty theft from vehicle at 3:29 p.m. on 400 block of Wabash Place
* Vehicle traffic stop, arrest at 8:35 p.m. on Camino Tassajara at Lomitas Drive
Saturday, August 4
* Auto burglary at 1:03 p.m. on 100 block of Waterman Circle
* Assault with a deadly weapon at 9:53 a.m. on 800 block of Camino Ramon
* Petty theft from vehicle at 11:48 a.m. on 900 block of Blemer Road
* Auto burglary at 2:11 p.m. on 900 block of Blemer Road
* Armed robbery at 4:53 p.m. on 400 block of San Ramon Valley Boulevard
Are you receiving Express, our free daily e-mail edition? See a sample and sign-up for Express.
Posted by Treetopper, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on Aug 8, 2012 at 9:46 am
I'll say it again, "the more mundane, such as routine traffic stops, service requests, noise complaints and domestic disturbances" should be included in Danville Express. Danville residents need to see all the things that require the time of our Police Dept.
In any case, auto burglaries are becoming so common, in a short time, they too will be considered mundane. Go figure
Posted by Charlie, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on Aug 9, 2012 at 9:00 am
I'm with you Treetopper !!!
Posted by miSFit, a resident of the Diablo neighborhood, on Aug 9, 2012 at 11:35 am
Auto burglaries, car-jacking and armed robbery...is this the "New Danville"?!
Posted by babswilly, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on Aug 9, 2012 at 1:01 pm
Why wasn't the location of the carjacking posted? I would be very interested to know where it was. This is a seious, frightening crime which occurred in our neighborhood.
Posted by Geoff Gillette, a resident of the Danville neighborhood, on Aug 10, 2012 at 5:12 pm
Geoff Gillette is a member (registered user) of Danville Express
I just wanted to take a moment to provide some additional information to clarify the “carjacking” reported in the police log.
The initial call that came into dispatch did indeed report it as a carjacking in process. That was what the witness interpreted the situation to be.
The responding officer, however, determined that it was a dispute which led to an arrest. However the log posting shows the original dispatch of the call.
We appreciate the attention that many of you give the log and will continue to work to provide accurate information in a timely fashion.
Thanks and have a great weekend!
Public Information Coordinator
Town of Danville