Living - July 10, 2009
Fruit labels as art
In 1895, Thomas Benton Bishop acquired 3,000 acres of Norris Ranch land in San Ramon, probably as payment for legal work when Margaret and William H. Norris were divorced. It covered a large area and over the years was planted in walnuts, pears, grapes, plums and peaches. Livestock included Shropshire sheep and cattle, with 400 hogs tended along "Mutton Alley." This label was applied to crates of pears shipped from the ranch.
There are no comments yet for this post