Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Nov 14, 2008
"Only members of the military and Scouts are legally allowed to retire American flags."
This is absolutely not true and an urban legend. While Boy Scouts Councils, VFW posts, and American Legion groups in particular are very willing to retire flags appropriately, anyone can do so.
The only thing that the U.S. Flag Code says on the subject is: "The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning"
If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: *
- San Ramon
- Walnut Creek
- Alamo Elementary School
- Charlotte Wood Middle School
- Del Amigo Continuation High School
- Diablo Vista Middle School
- Green Valley Elementary School
- Greenbrook Elementary School
- John Baldwin Elementary School
- Los Cerros Middle School
- Montair Elementary School
- Monte Vista High School
- Rancho Romero Elementary School
- San Ramon Valley High School
- Stone Valley Middle School
- Sycamore Valley Elementary School
- Tassajara Hills Elementary School
- Venture Independent Study School
- Vista Grande Elementary School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
By Roz Rogoff | 17 comments | 987 views
A Pope that a Unitarian Can Love – Part One of a Series
By Tom Cushing | 12 comments | 706 views
Reaching too far, again
By Tim Hunt | 2 comments | 330 views
Home & Real Estate
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
San Ramon Express
© 2013 Danville Express
All rights reserved.